Sunday, January 29, 2012

Mini-Break from Being Busy

I have been a bad blogger! I've just been so busy... I feel like I just don't have time to get anything done! And I haven't been feeling well thanks to my students sneezing and coughing all over me (really?). I had some issues with my car this week and I went home for my sister's birthday so that took a little bit of time out of my usual working time. Plus we are sending home report cards and I finally managed to get them done Friday afternoon and will spend part of today stuffing them in their envelopes so that they will be ready for tomorrow. Not to mention I have to have a sub on Wednesday because I'm going to training. Whew!

Since I have been so busy, I haven't been able to keep up with the Clutter Free Classroom Project at all. :( I did manage to clean off one area above my cubbies and put my monthly resources up there. I wish I had taken a picture—I am so excited about it! I bought 9 tubs and labeled them by month (I combined August/September and May/June) and put all of my read alouds, themed games, and holiday folders in the appropriate tubs. I am so happy with it! My next goal is to clean off the rest of that area and the cubbies that the students don't use. I think what I need to do is make myself de-clutter for at least 15 minutes a day so it doesn't take too much time out of my schedule and doesn't seem like such a daunting task either. I think one of the most frustrating parts of trying to organize my room is that I really do have lots of places to store things, but they are so oddly shaped/tall that I can't figure out the best way to work with those spaces. Hmm...

Well I am off to clean my BEDroom (it currently looks like a laundry room), work on report cards, and go see one of my students in a play. :)

1 comment: